Friday, April 13, 2012

The Letter

It was sunday and there shouldn't have been a letter in the mailbox, but there was. I ran down the snow covered hill practically falling on my face. I snatched open the mailbox and ripped out the letter out of it. My eyes filled as  I read the name Emily Ann Leslie. in the top left hand corner was my fathers name neatly written in cursive. my heart dropped over and over into my stomach.  I was terrified to even open it. i held the letter against my heart. I haven't heard from him in about 5 years... It crushed my, heart held it down like a bolder was tied to it. I walked slowly back up the slippery hill and into the house. I closed the door behind my and looked up the stairs. I ran up them and flew on my bed then began tarring the tightly glued envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment